With the advancement of Unified Communications (UC) technology, it’s surprising more individuals aren’t working remotely. Today UC solutions include softphones, video, instant messaging, email, voicemail and conferencing.
There are many tools that DoubleHorn offers that streamline the process of telecommuting. A virtual PBX with flexible but robust hunting rules allows a firm to route customers to the person they need to talk to, even if that person isn’t in a central office. This feature allows employees to stay productive and in contact from anywhere in the world. DoubleHorn’s Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C) solutions are designed to meet the needs of small to mid-size enterprises (SMEs) with 20 – 2,000 employees.
By virtualizing the work environment your employees can stay productive while still being agile and mobile.. This means that once you’ve stored the files and documents you’re working on, you can change your location or share the information and still be able to work on them, even if you can’t carry your laptop or desktop computer. With such flexibility, you can rest assured that you can work wherever you are and still meet your deadlines.
Benefits of Telecommuting
1. Cost Savings: The company can downsize the office space, saving not only on rent but also electricity, office furniture and office supplies.
2. Increased Productivity: Studies show that employee productivity goes up around 40% more than that of the normal office worker.
3. Decreased Absenteeism: Teleworkers have fewer sick days each year than office employees.
4. Increased Collaboration: Once telework technologies are in place, employees and contractors can work together without regard to logistics. This substantially increases collaboration options.
5. More Hours: Employees have more time to work and get a lot more done. Average commute time in the US is 41 minutes. That gives teleworkers 1 hour and 21 minutes more of work per day.
6. Environmental Impact: Greatly reduces emissions due to long commutes to the office.
7. Employee Retention: Employees on average are happier. Companies have 70% less turnover.
The benefits outweigh the negatives of utilizing remote workers by a long shot. With a solid network, a reliable wireless connection, and the right UC applications, collaboration and productivity increases among telecommuting employees.
It may be a bit harder to run out to lunch with your fellow employees when they’re telecommuting in different spots all over town or beyond. That’s one of the few downsides to remote work. Maybe that creates the opening for a Virtual Lunch app!
For more information on a tailored solution for getting set up with a foundation for your telecommuting employees contact us today.