Providing Customized Multi-Cloud Security Solutions for Oklahoma State Election Board
About Oklahoma State Election Board
Established under the Constitution of the State of Oklahoma in 1907, the Oklahoma State Election Board (OSEB) is the admin-istrative agency for the conduct of state elections and the oversight of the state’s 77 county election boards.
• The Oklahoma State Election Board needed a professional cloud services consultant to perform a security review of its current IT infrastructure environment before 2018 Midterm Election Season
• Needed a more organized billing strucutre for its new and existing cloud environment
• Its Voter Information System and Online Voter Tool needed to migrate to new cloud solutions
• Identify the responsible parties for maintaining its cloud environment after migrating to its new cloud solutions
- Transition customer from legacy billing to an AWS billing platform
- Deploy Azure security solutions: virtual fire-wall, VPN, and QA infrastructure
- Institute cloud best practices for customer using Public Cloud “Shared Responsibility” model
- Set up and perform a security review of AWS environment
Experienced zero security breaches during election season
• Virtualized Firewalls
• VPN Configuration
• QA Infrastructure
To address security concerns, DoubleHorn deployed Azure cloud environment services for the OSEB including a virtual firewall configuration, VPN and QA infrastructure. In the OSEB’s AWS environment, DoubleHorn deployed a multi-factor authentication for further security enhancement, in addition to meeting state, federal and other compliance requirements. Finally, as a cloud services broker, DoubleHorn provided professional services for the OSEB and deployed cloud best practices for the customer with a Public Cloud Share Responsibility Model: the cloud service provider is responsible for “security of the cloud” while the customer is responsible for “security in the cloud.”
- Maximized election security through proper cloud best practices and adhered to compliance standards
- Successfully integrated a multi-cloud environment using Azure and AWS solutions
- Delivered a “well architected framework” review of OSEB’s AWS environment
- Transitioned OSEB’s AWS cloud environment to DoubleHorn to enable better transparency and forecasting of cloud spend
DoubleHorn is a leading cloud services brokerage and data analytics company. Our proprietary cloud brokerage platform allows our clients to manage all aspects of their cloud accounts across providers in one easy to use web interface. In addition, we launched our new rich data analytics and proprietary research division Liftr Cloud Insights.
Liftr Cloud Insights conducts deep research into cloud technologies, cloud services, and cloud industry trends to provide the broader cloud ecosystem with real-time insight, analysis, and data about specific cloud service providers (CSPs) as well as the cloud industry overall. Liftr Cloud Insights strives to be as independent and unbiased as possible, so readers and viewers can make sound operational and financial decisions untainted by sales and marketing messages.
DoubleHorn is also an authorized reseller of AWS, AWS GovCloud, Azure, Azure Government, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Rackspace. We are able to leverage our wholesale pricing discounts for public cloud for solutions that we architect for you.