Optimizing Cloud Spend at Leading IoT Company
About HID Global
HID Global is a global leader in innovative security products, including but not limited to RFID and low-energy Bluetooth technology, smart cards, mobile IDs, ID personalization, identity & access management solutions, and RFID-based, IoT-connected identification technologies. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees across the globe and operates with international offices that assist more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. In 2018, ASSA ABLOY recorded revenue over $8.9 billion (US).
• HID Global needed a clear analysis of its cloud expenses across all cloud accounts throughout its organization, with a goal of identifying opportunities to eliminate excessive spending.
• HID Global requested a 1-year cloud cost forecast across all cloud operations, broken down by cloud account.
• HID Global had bought its own cost reducing tools after its acquisition, but the company wasn’t getting the best value out of its tools. HID Global wanted to address this situation.
- Perform an expense analysis of HID Global’s AWS accounts
- Analyze expense trends, anomalies, and savings opportunities
- Conduct an expense forecast and an EC2 reserved instance analysis
Save up to 75% with RIs vs On-Demand Pricing
• Shutting off Unused Instances
• Downsizing Instances
• Re-scheduling Period Usage Instances
Finally, HID Global had invested in several cloud optimization tools after it acquired a company. Yet, in a fraction of the time and cost of those tools, DoubleHorn brought in its own tools and leveraged its own resources to provide an actionable plan to begin saving money.
After consulting with DoubleHorn, HID Global was given a customized recommendation plan addressing areas where it could lower cloud spend based on previous cloud usage.
- Join all cloud accounts in the HID Global organization
- Terminate unused services
- Remove unused storage
- Right-size instances
- Schedule instances used only during business hours
- Build and execute a reservation plan
DoubleHorn is a leading cloud services brokerage and data analytics company. Our proprietary cloud brokerage platform allows our clients to manage all aspects of their cloud accounts across providers in one easy to use web interface. In addition, we launched our new rich data analytics and proprietary research division Liftr Cloud Insights.
Liftr Cloud Insights conducts deep research into cloud technologies, cloud services, and cloud industry trends to provide the broader cloud ecosystem with real-time insight, analysis, and data about specific cloud service providers (CSPs) as well as the cloud industry overall. Liftr Cloud Insights strives to be as independent and unbiased as possible, so readers and viewers can make sound operational and financial decisions untainted by sales and marketing messages.
DoubleHorn is also an authorized reseller of AWS, AWS GovCloud, Azure, Azure Government, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Rackspace. We are able to leverage our wholesale pricing discounts for public cloud for solutions that we architect for you.