DoubleHorn is a leading Cloud Services Broker and technology solutions company. Since 2005, DoubleHorn has been helping their customers deploy and run cloud applications with confidence, from consultations to advisory and managed services.
We are adding a Senior Systems Administrator to our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience as a Windows and Linux server administrator and ideally will have router and VoIP administration experience. Experience with AWS and Azure is desired but for the right candidate, this will be an opportunity to advance your career to cloud engineering.
- Responsible for administration and uptime of server infrastructure
- Provide second level support for technical issues to support team
- Deploy new applications and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot application issues
- Implement and test backup and recovery processes
- Implement effective system monitors
- Configure basic networking
- Assess system security and perform security vulnerability remediation
- Implement system patching processes
- Associates degree or 3+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English proficiency.
- US Citizenship is required
- Must have reliable transportation (Occasional local travel to data center required).
- LAN/WAN, Windows Server, SQL Server Management, Windows 7/8/10, GPO Management, Firewall, RDS.
- Expert level proficiency with Active Directory design, implementation, and administration including Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and security.
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure, deploy and maintain enterprise class servers.
- Ability to manage, configure and deploy network switches and routers is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco ASA and switches is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud consoles, products, and APIs is a plus.
Position Information / Company Perks:
- Centrally located in Austin TX
- Casual work environment
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid training/certifications
- Information Technology and Services
- US Citizenship required