Is AWS better than Azure? How does Alibaba compare by the numbers? Those are the types of questions we answer daily with data. We believe better executive decisions are driven by data – specifically cloud data. Market trend, product release, and cloud sentiment data grows by the minute, waiting for someone like you to discover key insights for our clients.
Your role will involve working with new and different data originating from various sources. You will work closely with data analysts to find the gems hidden in the data. You will work with software developers to build and automate processes to pull data from APIs and scrapers.
You are a good candidate if you are all of the following:
- Passionate for data
- Curious, creative and self-motivated
- Eagerness to learn new programming languages
You can show you have demonstrable business experience:
- 1+ years business experience working closely with data
- 5+ examples you can give where you have extracted valuable gems from raw data
- 100% proficiency with SQL, Excel, and/or other data analysis tools
- 10+ public and private data sources you have used
- Communicating with several different stakeholders
- Designing RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases
- ETL experience (collecting, parsing, transforming, synchronizing, querying data)
- Development experience with any object-oriented language and/or functional programming
Having the following would be a plus:
- Experience working with any major cloud provider
- Data analysisand/orstatistics knowledge and application
- Data Warehousing experience
- Training in Data Science
- Proficiency with Python, Linux commands
- SQL query plan optimization, indexing, partitioning, etc.
- This is not an entry-level position (1+ years relevant experience required)
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US
DoubleHorn is a leading Cloud solutions broker and services provider founded in 2005 in Austin! We also launched the first-of-its-kind daily Liftr Cloud Index to measure the major cloud providers like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud. We’ve been producing quality analysis of other cloud data.
We offer a competitive benefits package including company paid medical, three weeks paid vacation time, weekly in-office chair massages and a really fun team!