DoubleHorn is on the forefront of identifying key trends in the cloud landscape as well as providing actionable insights on cloud analytics. We created the world’s first comprehensive cloud index to compare the major cloud providers. We are seeking an ambitious, data-loving developer to help us expand our offerings.
As Data Developer, you will explore and define those key metrics which help answer questions about cloud providers and cloud assets.
- Analyze and extract insights from data sources and use summary data to build reports, data visualizations, and marketing materials
- Explore new valuable data metrics
- Design and implement sustainable and scalable ETL processes
- Create SQL queries to answer key questions from multiple sources
- Develop and monitor data pipelines with structured and semi-structured data stores and data streams, such as MySQL, AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda, JSON documents, S3, and csv files
- Integrate data sources with Tableau when required for building dashboards and related graphs and visualizations
- Collaborate with Agile development team, ask lots of questions, and help define project tasks
- Communicate status of assigned tasks and special projects with all stakeholders
- Build and contribute to existing code base
- Must be flexible and interested to learn and explore new technologies
- 1+ years SQL programming work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or Engineering fields
- Attentive to details: your cover letter should include the word ‘emerald’
- Data Visualization with Tableau, d3.js, or matplotlib a plus
- Git, Linux and/or Docker experience a plus
- AWS or other cloud experience a plus
This is a great experience for a developer wanting to rapidly expand their data and data analysis skills. It will be fast-paced with many innovative technologies.
DoubleHorn is a leading Cloud Solutions Broker and services provider founded in 2005 in Austin. We also recently launched Liftr Cloud Insights which is a big-data backed cloud news outlet. We shoot videos every week and update our Index daily!
We offer a competitive benefits package including company-paid medical, three weeks paid vacation time, weekly in-office chair massages and a really fun team! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Information Technology and Services