We believe companies will use more services across multiple clouds: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and more. The critical players will be those who are fluid across clouds. We have an opportunity for someone who understands the importance of multi-cloud skills and wants to expand their knowledge.
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong knowledge of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, but you yearn to learn more about the others. You understand enough about the different cloud offerings to transfer that knowledge across different providers.
With at least one major cloud provider, you can:
- Describe the different cloud offerings in laymen terms;
- Provision and configure instances, environments, and services;
- Design with security top-of-mind;
- Diagnose and address compliance issues early in the design process;
- Identify areas where to optimize the cloud environment;
- Identify ways to make services more scaleable;
- Explain the pros and cons of one service compared to another;
- Use logs and data trails to identify issues and irregularities;
- Navigate your way through the communities and online resources to learn the intricacies of any cloud service;
- Talk with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud representatives at their level;
- Ask the right questions up front to get things done properly the first time.
We are a partner to the top cloud providers, so you will have access to other resources, but you should not be highly dependent upon them. You should be self-sufficient when it comes to research.
You will join our project delivery team and ensure we meet customer outcomes and exceed their expectations. You would work closely with the sales engineers as well as delivery teams. Our customers’ needs are constantly changing along with the services available, so the work will involve a combination of short-term customer support requests related to their needs as well as planning and modification of current and future projects. You should believe strongly (as we do) in direct and timely customer communication.
As a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Designing cloud infrastructure for critical applications in the private and public sectors;
- Providing technical leadership in support of pre-sales and delivery project requirements;
- Ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery;
- Researching new tools and technologies;
- Being a go-to resource for questions from sales, delivery, as well as from the cloud data side of our business.
This is not an entry-level position. As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience designing and configuring cloud solutions for end customers directly and adapting to their needs. You must come with ability to talk through multiple environments you designed and why you made choices you did;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject;
- Demonstrable experience with at least one of the major cloud providers;
- Demonstrable experience with at least one area such as networking, compute, database, etc.
- Cloud certifications from at least on major cloud provider;
- Battle scars – things you have learned from experience;
- Keen awareness of the latest security threats and how to design appropriately for them;
- Examples for each of the following (though not necessarily on the same project):
- Cost optimization
This is a great experience for an architect wanting to build their skill set across multiple cloud providers and in a variety of environments. It will be fast-paced with many new technologies. You will expand your skills rapidly across multiple environments.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
- Understanding of SaaS and integrated hardware systems.
- Hands-on experience supporting a live platform as part of a DevOps organization.
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments.
- Experience in architecting systems and storage platforms (SQL, NoSql)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
DoubleHorn is a leading Cloud Solutions Broker and services provider founded in 2005 in Austin. We also recently launched Liftr Cloud Insights which is a big-data backed cloud news outlet. We shoot videos every week and update our Index daily!
We offer a competitive benefits package including company-paid medical, three weeks paid vacation time, weekly in-office chair massages and a really fun team! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Information Technology and Services