We are proud to announce our the soft launch of LiftrNews.com! The full version of the site with even more content will be launching on September 15th. Liftr is a news platform bringing all the latest cloud news directly to you in a variety of formats, including relevant articles, video content, interviews with industry experts, and more. In addition, LiftrNews.com will provide a proprietary index, the Liftr Index, which calculates the health and performance of the major cloud providers along with the industry as a whole.
The Liftr Index is designed to take a holistic view of factors contributing to the success of cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. We developed an algorithm that calculates the Index Score on a variety of factors, including Reliability, Sentiment, Adaptability, Public Interest, Price, ROI, and Security. How do we measure each of these attributes?
- Reliability: We score each cloud provider on factors like uptime and availability, enabling us to measure how well each service enables customer access.
- Sentiment: Using publicly available content from Twitter, we measure the sentiment of individual Tweets about each cloud provider to calculate public sentiment for each provider.
- Public Interest: By evaluating market share, we can reliably understand the interest in each service.
- Price: We analyze costs across the offerings of each cloud provider to determine a price score for each service.
- Return on Investment: Specific use cases like web applications, storage applications, and disaster recovery applications are used to determine expected value versus expected cost of a company’s cloud investment.
- Security: We compile data regarding the supported compliance standards of each cloud provider to understand how data is being protected and generate a like-to-like score for each Provider.
Each of these metrics is processed by our algorithm to determine a score for each cloud provider as well as a score that shows a ‘big picture’ view of how the cloud as a whole is performing. The Liftr Index is certified by Frost & Sullivan.
Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud news and the Liftr Index scores on LiftrNews.com.