Between family vacations, long weekends, and hectic schedules, summertime can make it tricky to stay up-to-date with the latest tech and cloud news with cloud industry podcasts and blogs. Luckily, there are some great blogs and podcasts to carry you through a long flight or drive.
- For tech news, fast: CNET’s The 3:59 covers the latest technology news in under five minutes.
- Forward-looking predictions for the world: The Wall Street Journal publishes The Future of Everything podcast weekly. (We like this one quite a bit: The Markets Are Run by Robots.)
- Internet of Things: IoT expert Stacey Higginbotham’s podcast discusses anything and everything related to connected devices and the world.
- For the nerds among us: The Changelog is a discussion of open source technologies and people who create them.
- Financial technology: FinTech Insider from 11: FS explores the latest and greatest in the ever-changing world of financial tech.
- All things AWS: AWS has a weekly podcast with news, information, and interviews with startups.
- Google news: Industry experts have a roundtable discussion on recent news about web giant Google.
- Cloud computing, DevOps, and more: The Cloudcast touts itself as an award-winning podcast “on all things cloud computing, AWS ecosystem, OpenSource, DevOps, containers…” and more.
- GigaOM’s Cloud blog has industry perspectives and valuable reports for anyone interested in regular updates.
- Forrester’s Infrastructure and Operations Professionals blog touts itself as “actionable guidance, aligned to your professional role.”
- ComputerWorld has a Cloud Computing section that provides research and how-tos, as well as blog posts from SMEs.
- For busy CIOs, CIO.com has tons of articles for the cloud-minded executive.
- Amazon CTO Werner Vogels runs an AWS-centric blog sure to fascinate anyone who works with Amazon Cloud products.
- SearchCloudComputing by TechTarget dives deep into cloud and infrastructure topics, including mergers and acquisitions in the news.
Have any favorite blogs or podcasts? Leave us a comment below and share your thoughts.