The cloud marketplace has become crowded with thousands of competing companies. Business and IT leaders face an ever-increasing number of choices in software-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service — SaaS and Iaas. Add governance to the mix, and the process of selecting, purchasing, and maintaining products becomes overwhelming. And, of course, all of these decisions must be made with security and compliance in mind. How can organizational leaders bring some order to the chaos?
Enter the cloud services brokerage model. A cloud services broker acts as an independent intermediary between organizations and cloud services companies, providing an extra layer of security and service to the organization. Much as a full-service online travel broker helps you easily plan and book travel with a wide selection of vacation packages, flights, lodging, rental cars, and activities, and also provides support services for your purchases, a cloud services broker can help you navigate the confusing terrain of the cloud. Such brokerages are also the wave of the future: according to Gartner Research, the cloud services broker market will reach $160 billion by 2018.
However, not all cloud services brokerages are created equal. Organizations are quickly realizing that the right cloud services broker can provide a unified platform that bridges the gap between various services, standards, offerings and platforms, and ensures flawless delivery to end users.
The DoubleHorn Methodology
The ideal cloud services brokerage firm should support three areas of your business – technical, commercial and administration. Functioning as a partner to your organization, the firm can navigate the marketplace, negotiate on your behalf, and take care of the contractual elements of purchasing. It should then be able to customize solutions to your requirements how does the IT need to be developed and adapted to your environment and needs? Finally, the firm should be able to integrate the purchased services with each other, and with your existing environment.
DoubleHorn specializes in helping companies migrate their IT infrastructure and applications securely to the cloud. Our award-winning, patent-pending cloud management platform and marketplace provides cloud solutions from industry leading cloud vendors and wraps them with a decade-old, proven managed services model.
Integrating cloud solutions can be challenging—a ‘one size’ approach does not fit all. DoubleHorn’s six-step Cloud Transformation Methodology addresses common cloud enablement challenges while providing answers and solutions that are unique to your business.
- Cloud screening: We assess the feasibility of moving applications to cloud environments, clarify business objectives, and set realistic goals and expectations for your migration to the cloud.
- Cloud blueprinting: We provide you with a Cloud Transformation Roadmap, tailored to your organization’s unique situation. This includes planned tasks, the schedule, costs, and association assumptions and risks.
- Cloud migration: With the cloud infrastructure in place and tested, DoubleHorn transitions your applications, workloads, and application data to the cloud environment.
- IT cataloging: With a solid foundation for cloud transformation developed, we will then catalog your IT portfolio. Our team will work closely with your organization to inventory your current IT capabilities and technologies.
- Cloud turn-up: Upon approval of the architecture design, our engineers begin implementing your organization’s unique cloud solution by building or configuring the environment.
- Cloud operation: In our final stage, we will introduce you to MyDoubleHorn, our customer portal that provides a comprehensive solution for managing and controlling your cloud resources. This includes tools and software for performance monitoring and alerting, consolidated billing, security and compliance policy monitoring, infrastructure and application patching and updating, trouble ticket submission with live support, and more.
Why Should You Choose a Cloud Services Broker?
Here are some of the benefits you can achieve with us:
- More choices: Going with a single provider can lock you into certain architectures and solutions. At DoubleHorn, our marketplace offers you flexibility in your IT configuration based on your needs, preferences, and goals.
- One point of contact for multiple providers: We manage relationships with different providers so you don’t have to. We provide a single source for billing, reporting, and support—technical and contractual—for our customers.
- Better pricing: Over the years, we have cultivated relationships with the cloud providers in our marketplace. Due to these partnerships and alliances, and the volume we offer to providers by aggregating products and services to many customers, we’re able to resell and/or integrate their services at a highly competitive price that is often less than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. When cloud companies compete, the customer wins.
- Experience and Flexibility: With a systems approach, we offer advisory services to frame a realistic cloud strategy and help with architecting solutions that meet various compliance requirements. Our comprehensive catalog offers flexibility to choose between various products.
- No-hassle integration: We ensure that all of the services you receive from us are seamlessly integrated.
- End-to-end service management and advisory: From assessment to maintenance, we’ve got you covered.
About Security and Compliance
At DoubleHorn, security and compliance are our top priorities. We partner with the top cloud security and compliance solution providers and bring them into our purpose-built marketplace. During our strategic consultation with customers, we provide an assessment of your environment, pointing out potential risk areas, and match our marketplace solutions to your needs. We offer solutions capable of meeting all the major compliance requirements, including HIPAA, CJIS, FedRAMP, FIPS, ITAR, and FERPA. We provide the ‘connector solution’ between the customer and the provider so that you have an extra layer of security between your organization and the cloud.
Finding the right cloud broker partner is a critical long-term investment for your business. At DoubleHorn, we focus on driving down complexity and improve security and compliance for our customers, while delivering greater value from each IT dollar spent.
While our primary role at DoubleHorn is that of an aggregator that helps you select and bundle the best cloud services to meet your challenges, our experience and expertise in IT enable us to also implement and customize your selected cloud technologies.
Along with these capabilities, one of our core competencies is telecommunications and broadband networking. The cloud is only as good as the network that it’s connecting to, whether that’s wireless or wired, terrestrial, mobile, or satellite. With our network expertise, we can assess and advise on networking issues, giving you one less thing to worry about.
All of this know-how allows us to deliver end-to-end services and solutions that will deliver what you need today, and are built for you to grow tomorrow. You’re getting everything—selection, implementation, and maintenance—under one roof. And that’s because we have taken a customer-centric managed services approach to our business since our conception in 2005.
I’m very proud of all that we have accomplished over these ten years. DoubleHorn was awarded Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) cloud services contract in 2013 and in 2015 we were awarded Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) cloud contract. Under these contracts, we deliver three service areas: Cloud Assessment Services, Cloud Broker Services and Cloud IaaS for the state agencies. And in 2015, DoubleHorn was recognized as one of the ‘20 Most Promising AWS Solution Providers 2015’ by CIO Review magazine, and as a ‘Top 100 Cloud Solutions Provider for Growth, Diversity and Innovation’ by TalkinCloud.
Come see what the buzz is about, and why more and more organizations are opting for a cloud services brokerage. I invite you to sign up for a complementary cloud assessment.