Integrating cloud solutions can be challenging. A one-size-fits-all approach usually doesn’t work. Small, mid-sized and large organizations usually have very different needs, but they all will benefit from a phased transition that carefully considers priorities, timing and the amount of change the organization can bear in any given timeframe. Our Cloud Transformation Methodology addresses common cloud enablement challenges, while providing answers and solutions that are unique to your business.
1) Complimentary Cloud Consultation
We start with a guided assessment that will clarify business objectives, set expectations for cloud migration, and provide an estimate of your organization’s readiness for the cloud. The result is a custom-tailored roadmap for your organization’s cloud migration.
- Education on cloud concepts
- Cloud feasibility analysis
- Strategy/goal setting
- Cost benefit analysis
- Schedule projection
- Level of effort estimate
2) IT Cataloging
With a solid foundation for cloud transformation developed, we will then catalog your IT portfolio. Our team will work closely with your organization to inventory your current IT capabilities and technologies. This stage can be adjusted to be as comprehensive or broad as needed, depending on transformation requirements.
- Network capability analysis and inventory
- Environment landscape analysis and inventory
- Infrastructure analysis and inventory
- Application portfolio analysis and inventory
- Process analysis and inventory
3) Cloud Blueprinting
Achieving the right cloud structure suitable for your environment is critical. Our certified professionals will help you develop the necessary building blocks to form the optimal cloud architecture, designed based on your business and technical requirements. Through this process you will gain a clear understanding of cloud components and their strategic mapping to business objectives.
- Planned and documented tasks
- Schedule and Costs
- Associated assumptions and risks
- Comparison between different cloud options
- Cloud transformation roadmap
4) Cloud Turn-Up
Upon approval of the architecture design, our engineers begin implementing your organization’s unique cloud solution by building or configuring the environment. Any preliminary migration or upgrades are implemented to meet your requirements during this project phase.
- Active cloud network resources
- Active cloud compute resources
- Active cloud storage resources
- Active specialized resources (DNS, load balancers, VPNs, etc.)
- Active software (operating systems, platforms, applications)
- Performance testing and benchmarks
5) Cloud Migration
With the cloud infrastructure in place and tested, DoubleHorn transitions your applications, workloads and application data to the cloud environment during this stage.
Outcome: Operational Cloud Environment
- Cloud Application and Infrastructure Turn-Up: Our migration experts leverage our proven frameworks to transition your existing applications and collaboration platforms to our resilient, secure and high-availability private, public, and/or hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud Application Development and Testing: When you need to accelerate time-to-value, there’s nothing faster than our agile, on-demand application development and testing environment. We leverage our extensive experience in application development and our in-depth knowledge of the leading cloud development technologies and deployment models to extend the value of your solutions.
6) Cloud Operation
In our final stage we will introduce you to BetterClouds, our Multi-cloud Management Platform which provides a comprehensive solution for managing and controlling your cloud resources.
- Performance monitoring and alerting
- Consolidated billing
- Best practices and business process templates for operations and service management
- Security and Compliance Policy Monitoring
- Quality of service and service level compliance monitoring and governance
- Automated service provisioning
- Live support over phone or chat