Advantages of SIP Trunks
1. Rapid ROI – SIP trunks offer a significant return on your investments. By adopting SIP trunking, businesses can maximize Internet bandwidth by simply adding voice traffic to the existing service, needn’t be paying for the services that you don’t use and thereby reduce a huge chunk of telephone bills. There is no need of heavy capital expenditure to migrate to SIP trunking and given the fact that it maintains all the features of a local PBX is an added advantage.
2. Enhanced Communication Efficiency – SIP facilitates streamlining of all communication and enables on-site staff or staff working remotely to enjoy all the options available such as instant messaging, voice calls, conference calls, easy syncing of address books between various devices and video conferencing as well. With increased efficiencies, users working at different locations can collaborate and enhance productivity.
3. Leverage the Ubiquity of Broadband Availability – Given the fact that SIP trunks are delivered over an IP network, you are assured of enhanced call concurrency and call volume over an advanced broadband circuit in comparison to a legacy T1/PRI telephone service thereby facilitating more efficiency at a lesser cost by simply leveraging the availability of broadband.
4. No More Missed Calls – Irrespective of your employee working remotely or traveling, their calls are automatically routed to their mobile phones facilitating time savings. Calls from a prospective customer too can’t be missed, thanks to the facility of programming calls to be routed to other extension or mobile phone or even another trunk in the event of a line being busy or down.
5. Scalability – Ranging from a single shop business to large enterprises, SIP trunking offers the freedom to scale up or scale down services. It frees your enterprise from investing in infrastructure for future needs. SIP allows you to set up what your enterprise needs for today and scale it up as and when you need it. A properly programmed and architectured access point would be able to handle the same amount of load for your enterprise that traditionally requires 109 ISDN circuits, voice gateways and several other analogs to digital converters. Moreover, SIP offers you on-demand scalability unlike the conventional T1/PRI or POTs that require you to plan for a peak at all times. SIP also allows you to plan for peak at an enterprise level notwithstanding the office location.
6. Reduced Call Costs – It is but obvious that SIP facilitates a significant reduction in costs associated with setting up infrastructure and also enables a reduction in costs associated with placing and receiving calls.
7. Enhanced Mobility and Productivity – SIP trunking facilitates mobility in an enterprise by connecting remote workers and mobile phones by enabling a perfect blend of cloud-based and on-premise services. Resultantly, it enhances the productivity of your employees by improving the collaboration between employees working at various locations by offering an ability to connect mobile workers and multiple offices.
8. Unified Communications – Another important feature that SIP trunking offers your business is the provision of a gateway to create an IP based unified communication system within an enterprise that brings together data, presence, application sharing, voice and instant messaging applications.
9. Increased Reliability – The Advantages of SIP Trunks is that they are a very stable and reliable application in comparison to the legacy telephone systems. Even in the event of circuit and power outages, SIP trunks can be re-routed to other mobiles, offices or virtually anywhere depending on the business requirements thereby allowing uninterrupted services round the clock.
10. Enhanced User Experience – SIP trunking offers an easy-to-use communication interface to employee users as well as IT managers. By offering a simple and cost-effective method to scale up or scale down services, SIP offers businesses of any size to easily manage services quickly and easily thereby enhancing user experience.
The Pros and Cons of SIP
SIP trunking is a great way of delivering voice and other unified communications features over the internet. Together with an IP-enabled PBX system, SIP eliminates the need for PRI lines. SIP trunking can also be paired with an on-premises PBX or a cloud-based solution.
Pros: SIP services are usually significantly less expensive than PRI lines, saving some customers up to 60% of their communications costs. Many SIP trunking services let customers subscribe to channels in increments of one, making it possible for them to purchase and pay for only exactly what they need. What’s more, SIP channels can be added on-demand without the need for additional equipment. Customers can add (or subtract) channels so that their subscription always matches their current needs.
Cons: As we mentioned, most businesses today have access to internet connections that will work perfectly well with SIP trunking, but some do not and will need to stick with PRI. SIP trunking does require an IP-enabled PBX system, but it is possible to use an older PBX or key system with SIP. It simply requires an inexpensive device known as an analog telephone adapter (ATA). We wouldn’t call this a “con” per se, but it is important for customers to know that there are a large number of SIP service providers out there. Reliability, pricing, subscription options and customer service vary greatly, so it is important to be careful when choosing a SIP trunking partner.
The number of businesses using the SIP and the advantages of SIP trunks continue to grow, while the number staying with PRI is shrinking fast. This trend will continue as more and more businesses have access to high-speed internet and decision makers become more comfortable with the cloud approach. PRI lines are still an important part of the communications network and they are the best choice for some businesses, but the advantages of SIP trunking are compelling for many.
DoubleHorn IPOne SIP Trunk ensures the necessary translation services required to enable communications while delivering phenomenal savings. Whether you use your existing high-speed internet connection or you take advantage of the DoubleHorn Core Network and one of our broadband offerings, you can expect a robust feature rich solution. Contact us at 855-61-VOICE (86423) or email@example.com.